Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Beginnings

My name is Sledge Mighty. I started life on Thistledown on November 30th, 2009.

My journey started as a 100/10/100/100/10/10 2 Handed weapon, Melee Defense, Arcane and Item Magic trained person with the plan being to be tied only to those attributes gained through the game and avoiding the use of buff and portal bots and certainly no twinking.

My lifestone is set to be at Sanamar and I am a Valmontian.

I came into the world as a level 5 player and my first task was to acquire the Pathwarden items. This set consists of decent armor, a robe, a mana charge and a 4% XP Trinket. I returned the robe for a SIK, applied the vial to my sword and equipped everything.

Now I was ready for battle. I hit the portal to Holtburg and headed south to the Holtburg Redoubt. This is the first of several XP dungeons for beginning players. There I took out a bunch of Drudges and acquired 8 items. Once I had completed this task, I ran back to the beginning and exited.

Now I headed NW to the Drudge Hideout. There I faced more Drudges and a Drudge Boss. I needed to loot 3 bags of seed and the head of the boss. There is also a decent chest inside to loot.

I exited this dungeon and headed back to town to the bar to turn in the items. That completed, I was once again headed to Sanamar for its quests.

The first quest was just outside of town in a dungeon called Penguin Den. This dungeon is one that I just run through to the chest at the end that contains a necklace. I exited and returned to town and gave the necklace to Samual for XP.

I then went past him and talked to the lady that needed a beacon relit. I hit the portal and was on a platform up in the air with a path filled with wasps and a couple of Water Golems. I took them out on the way to the beacon where I placed the light and completed the quest. I then returned to town and talked to the lady again for some coin and healing kits.

Now it was time to head to Shoushi. I portalled there and headed for the Braid Mansion Ruin Dungeon. There I needed to collect 8 items and fight off wasps, monougas and mossworts. I got the items and then returned to the beginning to exit.

From there I turned west and entered the Stone Cathredral Dungeon. I needed to pick up an elixer and block of cheese there. I retrieved them and exited the dungeon. I had to enter the house next to the dungeon and give the cheese and elixer to the Drudge owner there for XP.

I then returned to Shoushi and turned in the 8 items in the bar.

I wanted to make a run through the Shoushi Grotto Dungeon and pick up some lucky Gold Letters for item rewards. I headed over to it and battled Drudges and Shreths and wound up with 6 Gold Letters.

The Pathwarden Armor gives level 2 buffs to most of the base attributes but the Explorer rewards give out level 3 buffs. They require you to go into a select dungeon, pick up a stamp, stamp a Gold Letter and take that letter to a specific Explorer for a specific reward. In order to get the 5 pieces of jewelry needed, I set up to run the following course.

Shoushi for Stamp
Nanto for Stamp
Al-Arqas to turn in both Gold Letters
Al-Arqas for Stamp
Yanshi to turn in Gold Letter
Yaraq for Stamp
Samsur for Stamp
Nanto to turn in both Gold Letters.

At this point I was fully equipped with level 3 jewelry.

Since I was in Nanto, I decided to do the quests there.

The first one had me heading east to talk to Inou-Kon. He had me heading a little east to the Lytaway Dungeon. There I fought Drudges and picked up a couple of items for him. I returned to Inou and turned in these items.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. At the start of the game none of the quests with useful rewards existed. Everyone with one exception depended in drops.

    The one exception, well two really, were very good. So good in fact that they were removed. The first was a robe that dropped from a monster. This caused mages to camp them 24/7. Thousands of the robes were created.

    The monster was quickly removed. This robe was the standard armor for mages when I left AC six years later. You could sell the robe on eBay for 500 bucks.

    The second was a two piece armor set. It took a lot of work to get it. There was created by a rare drop from a golem and took a lot of them.

    The reason for this being so popular was because it had protection from many types of attacks. With 5 to 7 typed of attacks, and magic protection only lasting 7 minutes, at the start, it was very useful armor.

    There was one other armor set. However, only one set per server award. Like many things, the cheaters found a way to crash the game server, just after the armor was transferred to another. The this caused the armor to show up in both places.

    On Darkside, there was dozens of this one of a kind armor. The owners were forced to remove every set in the game.

    ReplyDelete