Friday, April 20, 2012

Mage Levelling - It can be painful

I have been working diligently on getting my mage of Frostfell up to level 50. As a result, I broke down and used the Facilities Hub to run through the levels.  I still get all of the experience of hunting since I did not load up with items and interspersed my levelling with trips to visit Olthoi and Moarsmen.

This morning I needed to get from level 39 to 40 and I have the level 35 Moarsmen dungeon to run through to get the needed XP.

I hit the dungeon and wasn't doing too bad intil I got to a section where 3 Moarsmen started beating on me. I have level 5 Banes but I had applied them for Olthoi and ignored the needed Banes for Bludgening and Fire. It sure didn't take long for them to pound me into the floor.

I got rebuffed and headed back down after applying the missing Banes. I got past the bad section, recovered and continued. Shortly, I hit the final section. There I face 5 Moarsmen right away, followed by 2 Moarsmen at a distance and finally the crazy Boss. I got down to the boss and was working him over. He was working hard at healing and before I could flatten him, the original 5 Moarsmen respawned.

They started to beat on me and it was time to move back to the start of the section. I worked on them but got overwhelmed.

Now I was starting to get a little irritated. I went to Holtburg and started getting rebuffed and activated my level 58 Missile guy to lend support. Currently, he has an Xbow and high level Frog Crotch quarrels.

We headed back into the Dungeon. Xbow took the lead and we slaughtered everything on the way back. I was able to recover and Xbow took down the Boss. I grabbed the letter and portaled back to Mayoi. Xbow stayed around and took the boss down once more.

Sann Warcaster turned in the letter and levelled to 40. It was time to head back to the Facility and hit those quests. I quickly ran the quest for the Lightning Hammer and am now ready to go get the Crown of Bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment