Monday, October 8, 2012

Visit to Withywindle - LOTRO

While I am waiting on the Riders of Rohan expansion to arrive, I decided it was time to explore a new world in LOTRO.

As a result, I chose Withywindle as a new location and started to create my players there. When Turbine added the Shared Storage, it was one of the best additions to the game. There are so many crafting items that every character picks up that can be used by another character and shared storage is the ideal location to keep those items and pass them between those that acquire and those that use them.

I decided that I wanted to create the bare minimum of characters and still cover all of the crafts. This resulted in the creation of 4 characters. Along the lines of the restrictions, I wanted to make them common so I chose to make them all Hunters. As an added bonus, I was able to create each Hunter into their own Race. I wound up with an Elf, Dwarf, Hobbit, and Human. They each have their pluses and minuses but they play solo well and level fairly quick.

As being a Hunter and an Elf are just a natural fit, he became my base character. I gave him Woodworking and Forester Craft Skills and set him loose. With him being a few levels ahead of all of the other characters, he can make the missile weapons and soon the melee weapons and tan all of the hides for armor.

Quickly, I have moved him up to level 28 along with his craft skills. He has purchased a home and is the all around leader for the other characters.

I did not neglect my other 3 characters. I set a goal of getting them to level 20 and that has been accomplished. They now all have Riding skills and are about ready to tackle the Lone-Lands. I have outfitted them with level 20 bows and still need to equip them with level 20 melee weapons and armor. They also need to make sure their crafting skills have reached Expert and above in order to acquire and use the higher level raw materials.

Turbine has improved the capability of a craftsman in gaining higher level skills without having to be capable of hunting in those higher level areas, however, unless you also hunt and become Kindred with the various peoples, you do not get access to the best crafting recipes.

I watched a video this weekend of 2 Turbine players explaining the Rohan expansion and it was very interesting. They did battle against some roving War-Bands and went on tours inside some main halls. I am certainly looking forward to its arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment