Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Shosho Kid

There have been a number of returning players lately that left years ago from AC and are coming back with the intent of playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

This means - No buffbots - No gear from high level players - Playing the game with weapons, armor and self skills.

For people that did not play AC the first 4-5 years, this was the way we played the game. Buffs were so rare as to be nonexistant and they only lasted a short time. There were no inbued weapons. Armor was a bit of a joke.

To this end I created an AC Bowhunter called Shosho Kid. He is a massive Lugie that carries a mean crossbow and takes all comers. I will let him tell you his story.

I started life in Sanamar and got outfitted by the Pathwarden there. The first order of business was to play with the Penguins and recover a necklace. This was pretty easy and the reward was nice. Then it was time to light up the Beacon. I killed every Wasp in sight and made it to the end.

I then headed to Holtburg and went to the Redoubt to recover some seed and the head of the Boss Drudge. I got lucky there and acquired a 120 xbow that made me a killing machine.

I was now ready for the Facilities, or so I thought. I ran into there and went after the Ice Tachi. Simple in and out quest after looting the sword off of a Mosswart Mucker.

Now for the Dagger. I took the portal and got the key from the lady and ran to the dungeon. I portalled in and started to take on the Wood Golems. 3 Golems and 1 me and a quick trip to the lifestone. They schooled me quickly.

I figured it was time to get a bit more under my belt before returning. I headed to Shoushi and the Drudge Grotto to clean out the Drudges, Shreth and a few Rats. Although I didn't get a lot of armor and jewelry, it did help.

I stopped at the Lugie Vendor and picked up some protection gems and returned for the Dagger. I was a bit higher and had some additional protections now so I was able to run to the end and stay alive. I grabbed the items and left. I turned them in for some nice XP and was ready for the next adventure.

Now I had to go to the Green Mire Grave Dungeon and grab a Yari. Mostly all Drudges and Mosswarts there, the Shamans can really hurt you with magic. I was careful and got to the end and grabbed the Yari. I took it to Shoushi to get repaired and wound up level 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment