Thursday, August 1, 2013

New Characters

I really love the early life of a new character. One creates the character for a planned or specific purpose and then starts to flesh them out in whatever manner desired.

I have been playing on Frostfell for a while now and built up a HW character from his initial level into the 50s.

Once he was up to fellowing level, I started in on another character that is a Missile Based character. Today, I got him to level 51 and he is doing quite well.
This character is not only Missile but he is Thrown Weapon. I have used Atlatls with him exclusively so far.

With the Facility capabilities, I can run him through the levels and suppliment his levels with trips to the matching Olthoi Dungeons, the Moarsmen Towers, and the Tusker Dungeons.

Initially, I worked on insuring that his Missile, Melee Defense and Fletching skills were my focus. I got his Missile Base to 270 and that allows me to use Greater Deadlies and made it worthwhile to imbue a couple of Atlatls with Slashing and Bludge. I could also make a fire one, but I try to limit my Tusker time initially.

Once I reash the 270 mark, I can now change my focus to a little magic. I need Item Magic for everything. The ability to travel with portals becomes a necessity and the ability to self Bane is extremely desirable. Once I get these 2 schools up to around 320 buffed, I will be pretty much done with them. I also need Mana Conversion up to a respectable number to avoid having to refill my mana tank constantly.

It used to be a real challenge to deal with level 43 to 50 on new characters. You could pick up a couple of levels here and there but there was still a large amount of grinding. This has all been changed recently with the improvements to the Exploration Society.

There are new Red and Gold Letters that can be acquired from critters and a set of 6 quests from 6 towns to pick up Town Stamps. These Stamps can be applied to the Letters and delivered to particular Towns for Armor, Jewelry and Weapons. The Gold Letters give the best rewards, however, they are a bit rare in locating.

With using the letters and recieving the different loot, you will have an excellent set of buffable armor, jewelry and weapons to face your 50-100 quest for success.

No comments:

Post a Comment