Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sledge - February 21, 2012

The day has finally arrived. I was able to log in for a short while this morning and work on Sledgexbow on Verdantine. He was only level 25 and after about an hour and a half, I had him to level 39. The Facilities Hub is so very nice for getting characters up to level 43 or so.

Since I had to work, I could only follow the WIKI on what was happening. They shut down around 8AM and were actually up just before 11AM. That in itself was very impressive.

I followed the comments and it seems like they did an excellent job. From what I could tell, there are only a few minor issues that will need to be addressed. Comparing this major change to patches years ago is very difficult. There were rollbacks and systems were down for over a day. I salute the Developers and Testers for their hard work. The quality is really there.

I am so looking forward to getting home and seeing for myself the changes. I think I will hit VT first and update a few characters there. I won't have to spend much time at the chests as I do not think I have many keys on that world. I expect the gambling chests will be extremely packed for the next couple of weeks. Possibly I can visit there and pick up some loot that others do not want. I can always use the cash and since my characters have a lot of leveling to do, discarded weapons and armor will be helpful.

I expect it will take some time for Decal to get operational with this change. It will require a number of changes.

February 22, 2012

The Decal changes didn't take as long as I expected. When I logged in this morning it was operational. I have to salute the Decal Devs. They do an excellent job at getting the changes applied and out to the players.

I am still not completely resolved on the changes I need to make to my characters. The missile characters are fairly easy. I make sure that Missile Weapon is specced and then I try to get them specced on Dirty Fighting. It allows for improved capabilities depending upon whether I use High, Middle, or Low Attack options.

The Mage characters are similar except that Dirty Fighting does not work for them.

My Melee characters are the ones I am studying. There are Heavy, Light and Finesse Weapons. Each have their pros and cons. I like Heavy Weapons, but I also then need a shield or Dual Wield. Then there is Dirty Fighting and 2 other skills that I would like.

February 24, 2012

The whole process with the February Patch can be confusing. At least my Missile and Mage Characters are fairly untouched. This morning I figured I would go to AB and try looting some weapons from the Moars Temple there. The suprising thing about hunting there was that almost all of the weapons I looked at were Finesse. I have hesitated on Finesse as they do not hit quite as hard as Light or Heavy. I may have to change my view on them.

I picked up both the egg and the note and turned them in for some nice XP. Sledgexbow has come out pretty good in this Patch. I was able to gain Dirty Fighting and Lockpick with the additional skill credits. I used to have Lockpicking and I really missed it. The need to carve keys and get into locked areas is very important, especially on a solo type player. I have a lot of Marble keys muled that I can carve and a few broken special keys that I cannot yet carve until my skill gets higher.

This weekend I should be able to pick up another gem and will try to get some of the monthly quests completed. I certainly need the XP.


No comments:

Post a Comment