Monday, February 20, 2012

Sledge - February 20, 2012

Well, the patch date has been announced and it is tomorrow. It made me chuckle over the weekend and the doom and gloom experts with their esteemed opinion that this would be the death of AC. According to their point of view, too many players had too much time and effort invested in their characters to be willing to change them and their weapons just because Turbine wanted change. Several were comparing this patch to the NGE on Star Wars Galaxies by Sony.

I spent the better part of the weekend reviewing my characters and getting ready for the patch. I really did not want to imbue any weapons as they will all be changing. I did a little hunting and pretty much fiddled around.

Sunday afternoon some players were talking about the Deewain Quest and one group ran it successfully and another was about to go. I decided that I would do this quest with Sledgexbow and portalled to Tou-Tou to join the Fellowship. We got all buffed up and took the housing portal. From there is was a short run to the entrance to the dungeon. I entered and went through a long download as it was my first time in that dungeon.

When I cane out of the portal, the only other player there was someone that was a second character for the leader of the fellow. The other 2-3 players were gone. I don't know if you have ever been in that dungeon, but it is full of twists and turns. I got to one drop off, but it was the wrong place so I had to backtrack. Finally I got to the correct dropoff and no one else was there. I thought they had jumped down and moved forward. It turned out that there was an invisible walkway over the pit that no one mention until I was at the bottom of the pit. At this point, I would have to portal recall and try to find my way back. I had enough of this quest and leadership of the Quest Leader. I did an @allegiance hometown and logged.

For all aspiring Quest Leaders, please follow a couple of common sense rules when running a quest. 1. Communicate. 2. Do not leave members behind. 3. Communicate.

I will probably run this quest again when I know the Leader is someone that knows how to run a Quest.


No comments:

Post a Comment