Thursday, January 3, 2013

AC2 - It's Back!!!!

I just cannot say enough good things about the Turbine and the AC2 Staff. Once they opened up AC2 to the world, some nasty little bugs started to arrive and camp in the Servers. They caused crashes and rollbacks and otherwise just general grief to the Server and its population.

Of course, they waited to do this until many of the Turbine Staff was on Christmas Vacation. Severlin maintained the system as operational throughout all of these issues. He did take some grief from a few players as he could not waive his majic wand and make the issues disappear. Still players were able to play and the fact that there were a number of over-40 level players attest to that.

Late New Year's day, some help arrived in the form of developers and they started to tear apart the information about what had happened over the course of the last 2 weeks. As a result, they decided to dive into the Servers and pin down and eradicate these issues. They worked extremely hard on Wednesday and by 2:30AM Thursday morning, they had the Servers up and running with the changes in place.

Currently, we do not know what the issues were that caused the problems, but I am hoping that Turbine shares this information with the community. I have had complete confidence from the beginning that these issues would be resolved. It was very smart to present the return of AC2 as a Beta. A lot of things change over 7 years and once you add users to the mix, anything can and will happen.

Anyhoo, as AC2 was down last night, I went back to working on my main character, Tannras, on Whithywhistle. He is a level 32 Hunter currently fighting around the Collesus North of the Shire. There are so many new quests there that did not exist the last time I took a character through the area. Somehow, in my questing and looting, I had acquired a couple of level 30 lockboxes. I also had a set of keys and opened the boxes. Each one contained a level 30 one hand blue weapon. They fit me exactly. Along with a blue bow that I crafted, I am fixed for several levels.

This morning I fired up my Drudge, Nonackk, to work on completing his crafting quest. I took the Prosper portals to the SE one and headed west to see the guy about the nails. I found him and advanced the quest. It seems that now he also wants some items from the Corn King. I have a lead on him that he may be North of the West Prosper Portal. I certainly hope so.

Nonackk is currently 18 and I need to get him to 19 and do the Drudge Citidel, get his mount, and get up to 21 for Prosper Vault. I also need to get his crafting in weapons and armor up to where it needs to be. So many tasks for a poor little Drudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment