Wednesday, January 2, 2013

AC2 - Getting Fixed

I just came off of 4 days of time at home where I could play AC2. Between the crashes and wait time, I actually did get a chunk of time in on AC and LOTRO.

By the way, the open tapping and extended looting in LOTRO for all levels is a great addition. In case you accidently hit on a target that someone else has started on, you still get credit and loot along with the initial person.

If you fill up your bags in the field, the extended temp storage kicks in and gives you 50 slots for an extra hour of hunting. Very nice.

Getting back to AC2. I logged in and had good times and crash times but I was able to accomplish some goals.

My main Drudge, Nonackk, needed crafting. For all other races, it is automatic. for Nonackk, I had to go to Shoushi and talk to the dozen or so NPC Drudges and get quests. One quest was for Armor, one for Weapons and one for Spellbinding. Each quest had me retrieve and create a bunch of items to satisfy the needs. The off things I needed to create through some practice recipes were not too difficult. I collected the materials and crafted several of each. I also needed various raw materials which I located. The most difficult part of the quest was the Carenzi Parts. I needed Hearts, Fur, and Tails.

If you have ever hunted Carenzi, they are tough. They hit hard and live and travel in packs of 2-3. You draw 1 and you get 3. I brought out Sledgebow for this task. He is level 23 and can deal with them. This was good as I had to take out a lot of Carenzi to get the parts.

For the Armor quest, when I turned in the items, I got the recipes. For the Weapon Quest, I received orders to find a guy and talk him out of some nails. Likewise for the Spellbinding. I needed some corn silk.

I will need to acquire these items when I can log back in. Nonackk is fun to play and he hits hard.

I thought I was high enough to do the Illuminated Drudge Quest. I and another guy gave it a shot. We almost made it but I died and he followed shortly after. We got back to the dungeon and joined another palyer and it became easy. It seens that when I died, I failed the quest and did not pick it up again. I could not get the manuscript. Will have do try that one again.

On New Years Day, around 4:10PM, Sev shut down AC2 to go over the Audits they had and try to fix the issues. At 3:55 today, it is still down. They are closing in on the issues and I expect that the system will be so much better when they turn it over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment