Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sledge - February 15, 2012

After looking at trying to target a new character and tell his story, I decided that it would be better to just tell my tale of a life in AC with all of my characters. I have 4 accounts and am pretty much an 'Alt-Acholic'. I currently have 10 characters on every world except DT. I bounce around and play different characters at different times to keep everything interesting.

Right now, you can almost sense the anticipation on the worlds over the upcoming February patch. This monthly patch may turn into a make or break situation for AC. Basically, all characters are going from being focused on 1 melee or missile weapon type to a melee Heavy, Light, or Finesse family of weapons and a Missile character will be able to swap between Bow, Crossbow, and Thrown with little penalty. As a result, pretty much all weapons will be rendered somewhat useless.

Turbine is also adjusting the power of the weapons and adding some new skills and removing some skills. Arriving into the game after this patch will be a major shock to most. There have been some complaints and concerns, however, this will freshen up the game and I am truly looking forward to this change.

With any luck, the patch will be next Tuesday and it will go fairly painless. Most players do not remember the very painful patches in the past. They did get all worked out and became smooth after a short time.

When I look at my growing characters right now, I really do not want to invest in imbuing new weapons as they are all changing and improving. This morning I decided to take my Axer, Krille, out for a run through the Moars Egg Towers.I started with the Level 35 Tower in Mayoi as he is a level 83 Axer.

While he has a Lense and a Slash Imbued Axe, he didn't seem to be  hitting as hard as he should. I looked at his stats and saw that I had only given him Strength of 70. After I turned in the egg and scroll, I headed to Q'bar and Craigstone to add 30 points of strength and remove 30 points of Endurance. I added back in the lost Endurance and the change added 10 points to my Axe skill and lowered my burden.

I then headed to Danby's Outpost to the Egg Tower there. I was hitting much better now for more points with fewer misses. I turned in the egg and then headed to Mayoi to turn in the scroll and take the Lady Maila Portal for the level 75 Egg Tower. I slashed my way through there for the egg and scroll. I did find that my Lense was resisted a bunch. I need to add to the Assess Creature skill to get a better Lense.

This morning's activities bumped me up to level 85. I still need to get pinchers and I should go burn some Tuskers.

No comments:

Post a Comment