Friday, December 28, 2012

AC2 - Spamming Fools

Everything seemed to be going along good with the AC2 Beta when out of the blue came the fools.

About a week ago there was a filthy spammer that got banned. As Turbine pointed out, if you get banned from AC2, you also get banned from AC1 and you can kiss your sub fee goodby. A reasonable stance but difficult to grasp by those that are intellegience challenged.

Night before last a fool apparently got drunk and was spewing all over general chat. He also got into a pissing match with High Warlord and the 2 of them went at it for hours. As a result, the drunk apolizised and High Warlord got banned.

Then last night, High Warlord came back into the game and destroyed general chat with never ending spam and filth. I assume the permanent ban arrived today. He was on the forums and seem to have a difficult time understanding why it happened to him.

The whole issue remains amazing to me. You have to type something. repeatedly. You know it will get you banned. and possibly permanently. All you have to do is pay attention to what, if anything, you type and just play the game. There is a simple thing called courtesy.

We are still fighting issues with the Server crashing every so often. It is really not a big deal. We were told this is Beta and it is active through the holidays when many people are out of the office.

Today, I decided it was time for my level 17 Drudge, NonAckk to learn crafting for his needs. All of the other races have builtin recipes but a Drudge has to prove that he is worthy of crafting. I took him to talk to the drudges in Shoushi. There he picked up some quests and crafting quests to complete. I have some practice recipes to do for both Drudge Armor and Weapons. There is also something for spellbinding but I haven't looked at it yet.

I set up my lifestone at Cavendo and focused on weapons first. I created a crystal map and took off to find the crystal. I had to make a couple of runs in order to craft what I needed for the quest. Then I had to get Stone for the Armor. I satisfied my needs for stone and also needed to acquire some stone to turn in.

Once I get this done, I have to take him over to Omishan and he needs to get some animal parts from some Carenzi. I think I will fellow him up with my Ranger. The Carenzi hit hard and run in small packs. It will be a good experience.

With any luck, I will be able to craft the weapons and armor that he needs. The drops have been good so far but he should be able to make his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment