Tuesday, December 18, 2012

AC2 - Let me get back up in my chair!!!!!

I had the start of a 4 day weekend last Friday. I was well into playing some AC and LOTRO when I decided I would look at the AC Forum and see if they had posted the teasers for the December Patch. Everyone looks forward to December as the Gift Boxes spawn across Dereth and are quite a bit of fun to locate.

What do I behond but a thread announcing that, if you have an AC Subscription, you can download and play the AC2 Beta and how to do it.

I have so longed for AC2 to return. I know it had issues, primarily due to Microsoft control, and was to the point when it was closed that it was very enjoyable to play. I quickly downloaded the 2 gig file, installed the game, and was off into a Dereth of the future.

The game was identical to when I last played it over 7 years ago. I still remembered a number of the locations, quests and portals.

First off, I created a Tumerok Drum carrying character. I ran him through the starter quests and realized I was still not a Magic Player. I put him back on the platform and created a Human Missile Character. I levelled him up through the Vault Quests and was having fun with his capabilities.

Next up was a Drudge. They are just a joy to play. A fun loving board with a nail character, he was tough as nails. I even got him through the Citidel Vault.

Friday and most of Saturday the game engine ran great with very little lag. Late Saturday, Sunday, and quite a bit of Monday was frought with lots of lag spikes. I found that off playing in a remote area generally worked OK. Severlin even came on Monday afternoon and explained that they were working hard on locating and resolving the lag issues. It is not an area where I would complain. AC2 is in Beta afterall.

My top character is about level 18 now. I am looking forward to get to the second island. There is so much that I have not even seen on the first island yet but my other characters will explore.

As always, I have a personal wish list for some improvements that are needed in AC2. I have every confidence that they will be addressed.

1. Drudges need to be completed with skill sets and crafting.

2. Lag will get corrected. It just takes a little time.

3. The run animation should be worked on. You see it, you will know what I am talking about...

4. Do not change the game to the EASY MODE. We do not need another simple, easy to level game. Keep this game a challenge and it will keep away all the doods.

I have no idea what the end game is for Turbine and AC/AC2. Right now I am seeing a good increase in the number of AC Accounts due to people coming to play AC2. Perhaps that will also increase the AC populations.

Perhaps, Turbine is looking at making AC2 FTP like LOTRO.

Perhaps, Turbine is looking at a structured path to move from AC to AC2.

Perhaps, Turbine will build a subscription path for AC2.

Lots of Perhaps and only Turbine knows.

Whatever the path, I intend to be there playing AC2 as before.

See you at the Craft Forges.

No comments:

Post a Comment